I'm trying to walk by faith while giving nothing but love along the way while seeking the love of our Heavenly Father. Will you walk with me?

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Pirate pride.

As my first semester of college comes to an end, I look back on these past couple of months with a smile on my face. Despite some bumps in the road here and there, I honestly could not have asked for a better first semester of college, or a better college to attend. It's funny the way things turn out.

If you asked me this time last year where I wanted to go to college, Seton Hall would not have even crossed my mind. I only applied there because my religion teacher thought that I would like it and that it wouldn't hurt to apply because my school had an instant decision day for Seton Hall. And with that, Seton Hall was added to my common application list. Coincidentally enough, Seton Hall was the first school I got in to. But even still, I had a much different plan. I wanted to attend Saint Joseph's University and I wanted to become a special education teacher and work with children with autism. However, God had a much different plan for me, even down to my major. Although it may not have been what I thought I wanted, it was definitely what I needed. And God's plan is always the best plan, even when it leaves us to follow it kicking and screaming. With that said, I got wait-listed from SJU because I'm a terrible standardized test taker and I visited Seton Hall, and adored it. The biggest prayer I had during the college application process was to end up at a school that will help me grow in my faith and make me fall more in love with Christ. And lets just say that God knew what He was doing and that He knew Seton Hall was the place for me. I was meant to be a pirate all along.

This semester has been such an incredible faith journey and I know that there was no where better for that to happen than Seton Hall. I have had some amazing faith opportunities from daily mass, to Saint Paul's Outreach, to late night conversations. I have become more aware and sure of God's love and His faithfulness. I have fallen more madly in love with Him and have desired to serve Him more than ever. My faith has taken a serious next step and I know that this wouldn't be able without all God has blessed me with at Seton Hall. I can't even begin to describe all of the powerful God moments. He has just been so present this semester. He has been there and He has been a constant friend. I have and continue to learn how to depend on Him and how to be fully satisfied in Him. Each day, He does something new that captures my heart and Seton Hall has helped me to see this more and more. Even my major helps me grown in faith. I get to learn about faith because of my major and that is so awesome. I'm receiving an awesome education while growing in faith. It can't get much better than that!

God has truly blessed me in the most tremendous ways. Some of the blessings were in disguise, but they were some pretty great blessings nonetheless. One of the biggest blessings was the people God has brought into my life through Seton Hall and SPO this semester. I have met some of the most genuinely amazing people. It's amazing how close you can get to someone in a matter of almost four months. But I have made some incredible friends who I am certain will be my friends for the rest of my life. These people have been by my side through every up and down throughout this semester. Their support, love, and acceptance has been unreal. I'm in awe at how these people have genuinely cared about my well being and have been so quick to offer support, advice, guidance, prayers or just a fun time. These people have been such an example of God's love and I really can't thank them enough for allowing Him to use them in my life. Words cannot express my gratitude to have them in my life. I don't think I have ever laughed as much with any other people than I have at Seton Hall.

To those people who are reading this, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have touched my life in an extraordinary way and my first semester of college would not be as amazing as it was without you. Thank you for accepting me the way I am and for being the amazing person that you are. God has blessed me by putting you into my life. "Friends are God's way of showing us that we don't have to walk alone."

I wish words could describe how awesome this semester was. I can't wait to see what God has in store for next semester and the next three years to follow. He's not promising it to be easy, but with Him, it will be great. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment