I'm trying to walk by faith while giving nothing but love along the way while seeking the love of our Heavenly Father. Will you walk with me?

Friday, October 5, 2012

Wedding bells are ringing.

The craziness of last weekend is finally staring to settle down. As crazy as it was, it was such an amazing and beautiful weekend filled with love, laughter, family and fun. But before I go into it, a little background of my family is needed.

I am one of 5 children. My mom had me when she was 45. I was a surprise baby. My oldest brother is 39. There's 21 years between me and the oldest and 14 years between me and the next youngest. All of my siblings are now married and I have 9 nieces and nephews. My dad died 5 years ago on July 19, 2007. My dad was the best dad ever. He was such an amazing man.

Growing up, I was practically an only child. However, there was one sibling that was around the most; Mark. Mark is the next youngest. He was 14 when I was born. Although I am close with all of my siblings, and they have all impacted me greatly in such awesome ways, Mark has impacted me in a slightly different way. When I was growing up, it was always Mark and I. It's hard to put words to describe our relationship. He was around the most because all of my other siblings were off in college, starting off jobs and getting married and simply becoming adults. When my dad died,  all of my other siblings had their spouses. Mark and I had each other. He understands me and he is half the reason why I am the way I am. He's a big part of the reason why I think things the way I do. Simply put, he was my best friend growing up.

Last weekend, Mark got married. I wish words could describe how amazing of a weekend. I also wish words could describe how amazing Mark's wife, Lizzie, is. If I had to create the perfect woman for Mark, it would be Lizzie. Mark and Lizzie are so perfect for each other. They balance each other out and they complete each other. The love they have is an amazing example of what love is. They met at a soup kitchen and then reconnected at a wake of a close friend of both of theirs. Their story is a story of hope. That beauty can come from pain. They are a couple that brings so much love to every one you meet. They are the dynamic duo. Their love is the kind of love that is contagious and you can't help but feel joyful around them.

Their wedding was so beautiful. I'm not a crier, and not once have I ever happy cried. But let me tell you, I was a mess the entire ceremony. I was so happy for the to the point were words couldn't express, so I cried. All it took was one look at Mark's reaction to Lizzie walking down the isle. Once I saw him tear up, I lost it. I was just that happy for him.

The love that Mark and Lizzie perfectly example that the love that God has in mind for us. They're not perfect people. But they are perfect for each other. They give so much hope that one day we'll be able to experience a love like this. Their love reflects the love of our Heavenly Father.

God is the author of love and He is writing our love stories. It's easy to get caught up in the idea of marriage and to so strongly long for this love. I'm guilty of it. I often catch myself day dreaming about the kind of wedding dress I want to have or what songs to I want played during the ceremony. However, I remind myself that I must live in the moment. That's where trusting God comes in. So often society tells us that we need to have that love, or a significant other in order to be happy. Although they will make us happy, they cannot satisfy us the way God can. We have to focusing on falling more in love with Christ. He's the only One who will never let us down.

For those who want to bad to have a significant other, I encourage you to focus on your relationship with God. "Dance with Jesus and He'll let the perfect person cut in." God is enough. Once you are happy with Him and yourself, then you can truly be happy with another person.

"Do not arouse, do not stir up love before its own time." - Song of Solomon 8:4

God has an amazing plan for us. Your future spouse is out there. And one day we'll be able to experience an amazing love like Mark and Lizzie. But for now, trust God. Walk with Him. Let Him write your love story. Don't go looking for love in the wrong places. God's love will always, always be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment