I'm trying to walk by faith while giving nothing but love along the way while seeking the love of our Heavenly Father. Will you walk with me?

Sunday, September 16, 2012

And so it begins...

Who am I? Well, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure of that. Although I think I have a pretty good idea of who I am, I know that on this journey of life, who I am is going to change over and over again. Not as in I'm going to be one person one day and another person the next. I mean as in this life, God is going to throw different things at me. I'm going to learn, grow, and change. And with each new curve ball thrown into my life, who I am will essentially change because I will (hopefully) learn from that and grow as a person. So I could go on and tell you who I am at this point in my life. But I know that who I am right now is not who I'm going to be tomorrow; for today has taught me something new that I had not known yesterday. At this point this is where I'm at:

  • My name is Marisa
  • I'm a freshman in college
  • I'm in love with Jesus
  • I dream big 
  • I want to make a difference in the lives of others
  • I want to lead others closer to God
  • I love my family, friends and boyfriend
  • I'm double majoring in Religious Studies and Catholic Studies and minoring in Social Work with the hopes of being a worship leader/youth minister/campus minister/highschool religion teacher/essentially working with youth and shedding some light, love, and Truth on the darkness of society
  • I'm not a big fan of society 
  • I have been a victim of society
  • I grew up a lot faster than I should have
  • My dad died 5 years ago
  • I love dogs and horses
  • I have 2 tattoos
  • I love to laugh
  • I love to smile
  • I love knowing that I have made even the slightest impact on someone's life
  • I am so excited about what the journey I'm on and what it will bring
That's it; the journey. Just 3 weeks into college, I'm on a journey of a lifetime. And this blog is here to walk with me through it. People may read it, people may not. If people do, that's great; I hope I can make some sort of impact on their life. If not, well then I'll have this to document my journey. It all starts with today. It all starts with the idea I got while walking my dog on a beautiful autumnal evening. As I sit here, eating pretzels with Nutella in my dormroom with my pet fish Simon, let this crazy journey begin. With God at my side, I am ready to take on the world. 

My prayer for this journey is that I (and hopefully others) come to know that we are loved beyond measure and that we do not walk the journeys of our lives alone. "Our steps are made firm by the Lord when He delights in our way; though we stumble we will not fall headlong, for the Lord holds us by the hand." -Psalm 37:23-24. This journey is going to be full of ups and downs. But this is life. I am not alone. You are not alone. And although we may stumble, fall, mess up, fail, we are loved  no matter what. Christ died for our sins on the cross. In Him we are made new. And by Him we are loved to no measure. Where ever you are in your life, let us meet there knowing that we are loved and that we will always rise "for the Lord holds us by the hand." How cool is that?! HE WILL NEVER LEAVE US. Wow. That just leaves me in such awe and brings me such hope. I pray that is brings you hope too. With hope, let this journey begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment